Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Psalms Explained

Psalms explained..........halfway through them and these are the volcanic highlights.....

my king upon my holy hill of Zion, he heard me out of his holy hill, I worship toward thy holy temple, O Lord, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure, So shall the congregation of the people compass thee about: (the people shall circle the volcano) for their sakes therefore return thou on high, the Lord, which dwelleth in Zion (not omnipresent then), my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain? The Lord is in his holy temple, Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest, who shall dwell in thy holy hill? The Lord is my rock and my high tower, he heard my voice out of his temple, Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth, There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it. At the brightness that was before him his thick clouds passed, hail stones and coals of fire. The Lord also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire. Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them. Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils. who is a rock save our God? and blessed be my rock; Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the Lord shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them. when thou shalt make ready thine arrows upon thy strings against the face of them. Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place? so will I compass thine altar, O Lord. O Lord my rock. when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle. The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is full of majesty. The voice of the Lord divideth the flames of fire. The voice of the Lord shaketh the wilderness; the Lord shaketh the wilderness of Kadesh. be thou my strong rock, For thou art my rock and my fortress. He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap (tsunami), into smoke shall they consume away. rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. For thine arrows stick fast in me, God my rock, O send out thy light: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, Thine arrows, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. the earth melted. behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth. For the Lord most high is terrible. God is gone up with a shout, the Lord with the sound of a trumpet. God sitteth upon the throne of his holiness. in the mountain of his holiness. Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined. a fire shall devour before him, pay thy vows unto the most High, Let them melt away as waters which run continually: when he bendeth his bow to shoot his arrows, lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Say unto God, How terrible art thou in thy works! As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God. The hill of God is as the hill of Bashan; an high hill as the hill of Bashan. Why leap ye, ye high hills? this is the hill which God desireth to dwell in; yea, the Lord will dwell in it for ever. The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place. Pour out thine indignation upon them, and let thy wrathful anger take hold of them. Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents. whom thou hast wounded. thou art my rock and my fortress. O God, is very high, who hast done great things. The mountains shall bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness. why doth thine anger smoke against the sheep of thy pasture? mount Zion, wherein thou hast dwelt. Thou didst cleave the fountain and the flood: thou driedst up mighty rivers. his dwelling place in Zion. thou art more glorious and excellent than the mountains of prey. who may stand in thy sight when once thou art angry? let all that be round about him bring presents unto him that ought to be feared. I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High. I will remember the works of the Lord. thine arrows also went abroad. The voice of thy thunder was in the heaven: the lightnings lightened the world: the earth trembled and shook.

Yes, Yahweh was a volcano god. See this to get you started.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments:

Post a Comment